A fast food joint may be your one-stop destination before, during and after work, but are you truly aware of what it is doing to you? People perish because they lack knowledge! This is why it is often said that if you’re not informed then you’re deformed. Have you ever ask yourself what am I benefiting from all these fast food shops and joints I have been visiting for the past only God knows how long? Have you ever consider how much money you’ve wasted for a regular patronage of Junk Food Company? Did you know that this fast food you eat every time did not add any nutritional value to your health? These and many more questions are needed to examine the negative effect of fast food in your life.
Fast food companies employ Food Engineers to design the food in such a way that you will not be able to resist the attractive aroma which will lead you to be salivating until you buy and bite it. No wonder! Tantalizer said it all by her statements “every bite is a promise kept”
I want you to go beyond just biting the snacks/meat pie, try and chew it and you will see how it will feel like in your mouth. You wouldn’t want to do that even for a few seconds longer.
Be informed now so that you wouldn’t be deformed. Read on to see as I highlighted below the major point why you should avoid fast food.
Reasons Why You Should Avoid Fast Food
1. What goes into junk food during its processing? Here’s the shocker – dyes (red and yellow are used, affecting behavioral attributes in children), additives (artificial sweeteners linked to cancer risks), high-fructose corn syrup, trans fat (partially hydrogenated oils / hydrogenated oils), emulsifiers, and of course sodium in high doses.
2. Lack of Beneficial Nutrients: Junk foods do not contain any nutrients that are beneficial to the human body. In most cases, these foods are filled with harmful carbohydrates, fats, and cholesterol that do not provide any useful energy. As a result, somebody consuming junk food has reduced level of essential nutrients thereby causing weakness in the body.
- Major Cause of Heart Diseases: Junk foods have been identified as a major cause of heart diseases including myocardial infarction, cardiac arrest, and atherosclerosis. This is due to the fact that junk food contains an excessive amount of low-density lipoproteins and cholesterol that get deposited on the inner linings of blood vessels. This result in the formation of plaques and the heart is required to put an extra effort for pumping blood through the arteries. Presence of fat in the blood also causes reduced oxygen levels. Another harmful factor present in junk foods is an excess concentration of sugars and salt. Excessive concentration of sodium ions causes increased heart blood pressure.
- Causes Some Other Health Problem: Health problems that are brought on because of regular junk food eating include: asthma, strokes, type 2 diabetes, cancer (kidney, uterine, colon, breast, esophagus), liver disease, and cardiovascular diseases.
- Disheartening Chemical used: Favorite chemicals used as part of the food making process are: titanium dioxide (found in dressings), azodicarbonamide (found in some Subway breads), sodium phosphate (found in coffee in fast food joints), monosodium phosphate (laxative), propylene glycol (chemical used to capture ground beetles), sodium acid pyrophosphate (a leather stain-remover used in some foods), sodium phosphate (foaming agent) and dimethylpolysiloxane (found in McNuggets)
- Above all:A regular visit to fast food company is a total waste of money, compare the money you spend in fast food company to healthy homemade food using fresh produce, coupled with all natural add-ons and low sodium ingredients.
I think any of these do not sound appetizing. I never ask you not to eat junk food at all, you can just go there once in a while, after all, we are all human and we have a craving for such things at a time. What you shouldn’t do is a regular visit to fast food joints. You can eat your favorite fast food meal maybe twice in a month and not more.
I hope this information is helpful! If it is, then don’t hesitate to spread the good information