No one will be happy seeing his/her hair loss but does it means people with hair loss (baldness) are not happy people? The discovery of hair loss is a stressful experience for man and woman; it is even much more stressful for woman than man why because there are many factors that contribute to woman hair loss. One of such factor is the adverse effect on reproductive health of a woman though not in all cases but from studies and research carried out by scientists and researchers.
The purpose of this article is not to hit someone’s sore spot, depress or mock anybody. This article is purposed to give a real facts and much more understanding of the emotional and feelings of the problem associated with baldness.
Throughout ages and in our present generation, loss of hair is regarded as loss of youthfulness and the attitude towards it is overwhelmingly negative. Let me quickly points out some important fact about hair loss especially the one that has to do with the feelings and emotional aspect of human life.
1. Hair loss make you look older: This signal the end of youth because both sexes look older as a result of baldness and unconsciously, loss of hair is associated with loss of youthfulness and that it to say aging is inevitable.
2. Baldness makes your appearance and body image unsatisfactory: The loss of the hair can change a person’s appearance substantially. Hair loss changes the appearance of the face by shifting the balance of the face to the forehead, resulting in an aged appearance. This physical appearance cut across all ages but much more prominent in younger generation. In fact, it has been scientifically proven through studies that women tend to suffer more emotionally and psychologically than men on losing hair. The results of these tests showed that women were much more worried about the way they looked than men. They tend to feel insecure about their appearance and how the world and the people around them will accept them.
3. Hair styling is no go area: Loss of hair make it impossible to style the hair as one will like, the only possible option is to clear the whole thing and make it level.
4. Some men Grow a beard or a mustache: By growing a beard, goatee, or moustache, it will take attention away from the head and people will focus on the new “look”. This is one of the behavioral coping mechanisms than men adopt.
5. Wearing cap or hats even when weather is Warm. Many people with hair loss start wearing cap or hat just to draw attention away from their baldness and this make them feel relax and confident.
6. Low self esteem: Self esteem level and other self worth drop significantly when one started to experience loss of hair, physical appearance is one of the important aspect of self esteem and it’s the most vulnerable.
7. Hair loss causes negative effect on social life: Hair plays an important role in our social lives. Upon meeting someone, one of the first things you notice is their hair. Before a social engagement, it is very important for us to look good, and a good lock of hair is what completes our appearance. Those affected by hair loss become aware of how important hair is in our social lives quickly.
8. Bald men are rated as more intelligent. Belief it or not bald model may be perceived negatively in all dimension but not in intelligent. The fact remain that bald men are seen as intelligent people and they have above average self worth.
9. Hair loss may cause loss of personal attractiveness and fear of not feeling attractive: This is particular more concern with women because women are famous for spending a lot of time and money grooming, dying, curling, drying, and styling their hair to make it look its best and much more attractive, when they begin to experience loss of hair, it is extremely traumatic. This cosmetic setback is quite intense when a woman is used to having hair and suddenly finds herself losing it. They can have a lot of trouble dealing with the reality of hair loss.
10. Make yourself comfortable by dressing nicely: You may wonder why I included this number ten, well! If you’re experiencing loss of hair, the one positive way to make yourself comfortable and attractive is to dress nicely because dressing better is the simple and sure way to improve appearance and self confidence, although loss of hair is stressful but isn’t the end of life, is just a phase in life you have to pass through.
Here Come Some Interesting Facts
The comforting facts about androgenic alopecia (Loss of hair)
Is not a painful disease
Does not make people feel sick, physically
Is not contagious
Does not reduce life expectancy
Did you know John Quincy Adams, Martin Van Buren, James Garfield, Dwight Eisenhower? These are five bald men that became American president
You can let us know what you think about this article by using the comment form below to share your thought because we will love to hear from you.