There has been many article on green tea, and most of it discussed about it can be used to treat excess weight, I even write in one of my article here; the effectiveness of green tea on weight loss, but excess weight or obesity is not the only diseases condition that green tea can be used for, there are many other uses it can be used for, that is why I decided to let you know other benefit of using green tea to cure other diseases condition. Healthy properties of green tea are mostly due to polyphenols and alkaloid, polyphenols are chemicals with potent antioxidant properties.
The fact remain that antioxidant effects of polyphenols is greater than vitamin C. The polyphenols in green tea also give it a somewhat bitter flavour. The Polyphenols contained in teas are classified as catechins. Green tea contains six primary catechin compounds, catechin is the type of classification that polyphenol in tea contain.
Listed below are the top 7 medical uses of green tea
1. Atherosclerosis:Researchers estimate that the rate of heart attack decreases by 11% with consumption of 3 cups of tea per day. Antioxidant properties of green tea may help avert atherosclerosis, particularly coronary artery disease.
2. High cholesterol:It has been shown in many researches that green tea reduces total cholesterol and raises HDL (“good”) cholesterol in animals and human. Green tea considerably reduced blood levels of harmful LDL cholesterol.
3. Cancer: The polyphenol present in green play a very big role in cancer prevention, countries where green tea are consumed have lower rate of cancer, such countries are Japan, China and the rest of them. Researchers also believe that polyphenols help kill cancerous cells and stop them from growing. Examples of such cancer including: Breast cancer. Bladder cancer, Ovarian cancer, Colorectal cancer, Esophageal cancer, Lung cancer, Pancreatic cancer, Prostate cancer, Skin cancer, Stomach cancer.
4. Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD): Research shows that green tea help diminish inflammation associated with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, the two types of IBD. As stated above that green tea help prevent colon cancer, that shows also that it will help those with IBD because they are at higher risk for colon cancer.
5. Diabetes: Blood sugar level traditionally is put under control with the help of green tea. Animal studies suggest that green tea may help prevent the development of type 1 diabetes and slow the progression once it has developed. Those that suffer for type 1 diabetes, their bodies make little or no insulin, which helps convert glucose or sugar into energy. Green tea may help regulate glucose in the body.
6. Liver disease: Several results have actually shown that one of the polyphenols in green tea, known as catechin, may help treat viral hepatitis which is an inflammation of the liver. With this, it can be seen that green tea protects the liver from the damaging effects of toxic substances such as alcohol which affect the normal functioning of the liver.
7. Weight loss: Extract obtained from green tea help boost metabolism as well as helps burn fat. In one other research, it was found out that the combining effect of green tea and caffeine help improved weight loss and maintenance in people who were overweight and moderately obese before the treatment.
There are other diseases conditions that green tea is use to treat but these ones are the major one, that is why I want you to be aware of it and when you take green tea do not only look for its effect on weight loss but also consider other listed above.
Feel there is any other major diseases condition that green tea is use for and it is not mention here; feel free to let me know using the comment form below. I will respond to you as soon as time permits.